- June 11, 2018
- Posted by: ipaytotal
- Category: High Risk Merchant Accounts
iPayTotal specializes in merchant account for travel business and travel website merchant accounts. We approve practically every business type, even if you have been turned down by your previous high risk payment processor.
Merchant account for travel business has always faced obstacles when seeking a merchant services provider to process their transactions as it comes with a huge chargebacks ratio. If you operate a legitimate travel operation and are seeking merchant account for travel business, we specialize in the high risk merchant account industry and can assist you in getting approved. We have separated ourselves from the pack and outshined ourselves as the leaders in the high risk payment processor list. We Approve:
● Travel Merchant Accounts
● Travel Credit Card Processing
● Vacation Club Merchant Accounts
● Travel Club Merchant Account
● Timeshare Vacation Memberships
● High risk travel merchant account
● Online travel merchant accounts
We are focused on providing comprehensive and affordable merchant accounts from travel business for our clients. IPAYTOTAL works with a variety of payment processors who provide merchant accounts for the travel industry and acquiring banks that allow travel agencies to process credit cards. We pride ourselves in providing reliable, affordable and secure merchant account for travel agents all around the world.
Our objective is to be the best merchant account provider for your travel business. Whether you are a tour operator, a hotel company, timeshare business, OTA, ticket sales, reservations, deal, club or membership programs, vacation package sales, or any other travel related business,IPAYTOTAL can provide the best solutions to accept payments online for your travel business. We work with an assortment of payment processors and acquiring banks that permit travel companies to process credit cards.
What Is A Merchant Account For Travel Agency:
A Merchant account for travel business or a merchant account for travel agent facilitates the travel industry with the ability to process credit/debit card payments on goods and services offered to customers. Card Payment processing plays an important role to the success of the travel industry.
Who Needs Merchant Account For Travel Business:
The need for a merchant account for travel business or merchant account for travel agent has grown tremendously with the remarkable growth of the travel industry. Since the airliners have reduced the cost of their tickets.the travel industry has boomed over recent decades. According to Deloitte, Travel and tourism is one of the world’s fastest-growing sectors, with bookings hitting close to $1.6 trillion in 2017.Travel industry is positively one of the most lucrative industries on this planet now.
The idea of travelling is as old as human civilisation.It has always existed.Needless to say, with the growth of civilizations, the concept of travel has become more and more popular. The word travel, in terms of the industry, has developed into an extremely broad and complex one. The network of businesses, agencies and services that are associated with the travel industry are almost endless. If you were to ask a common human being, what the travel industry consists of, you are likely hear answers like travel agent, cruise and resort. These answers are undoubtedly correct, but only the tip of the iceberg. The travel industry is actually huge.Your travel business needs to stay competitive. Utilizing the best tools in the industry is how you do that. A merchant account for travel business from iPayTotal is just that. Our specialists will guide you through the entire procedure. This will ensure your business performs at its best in arguably one of the most competitive markets in the world. When it comes to having a merchant account for travel business, you need to be aware of the obstacles that you will face. One of the primary concerns from any banks or merchant account processor for your travel business, will be chargebacks. Managing and minimizing your chargebacks are the ways to keep your travel merchant account in a healthy state. Chargebacks occur at a higher rate in the travel industry because of the likeliness that the purchase is being made far before the service or product is being rendered. This time span between the two events presents the chances of changes and cancellations being made. If these changes are not managed efficiently, they can negatively impact your merchant account for travel business or your merchant account for travel agency.
Payment Choices for Merchant Account For Travel Business:
Processing your travel industry customers’ payments fast and efficiently is our primary objective. We can integrate your CRM to set-up recurring payments while your customer is on the telephone. This tends to be the choice for most industry participants. If this is not the right solution for you, we offer website payment integration(API), virtual terminals, or the traditional credit card terminal on your desktop.
● Telemarketing CRM Integration
● Secure Ecommerce Payment Gateway
● Virtual Terminals with Recurring Payments
● Fast Secure Online Application, provides secure online submission.
● Multiple Platforms, including CRM & Ecommerce Solutions.
● Dedicated account managers with years of experience in the travel industry.
● Banks and Acquirer’s with appetite for the travel industry.
● Fast decision turn-arounds on application packages.
WHY MERCHANT ACCOUNT FOR TRAVEL INDUSTRY IS ALWAYS SEARCHED FOR
- You already have a travel merchant account but want lower rates, increased limits and better service(Annual volume in Millions)
This scenario describes the common eCommerce/MOTO travel industry who started small, got big, and have been through all the growing pains. At this point you need a combination of higher processing limits, lower discount rates, less annual accounting requirements, or a domestic setup or combination of all. If this is your situation, we know exactly how to help you – and we know you will be very satisfied with our merchant account for travel business or merchant account for travel agency, which include a gateway that is easy to integrate, unique credit card descriptor, online banking with wire/debit/credit card options, high-volume processing limits, low discount rates, real time processing, outstanding customer service, and many more. We can get you up and running in 10-14 days if you are serious and can produce the required documentation within the next 2-3 days.
- You have a new business and need a travel agent merchant account (Annual volume: 12K+)
You are a startup travel company and you are not quite sure what you need, except that you need a way to take payments for the products or services you sell on your website. Everyone working for our company has been in this situation! We can help you all the way through the process of getting your own merchant account for travel agency. Contact us today for advice and more information.
- You have a smaller eCommerce MOTO Internet operation but want an agent merchant (Annual volume: 250K+)
This scenario fits the eCommerce MOTO travel company which have been in business for a while now and has a steady but low or small volumes. The local merchant account processors fills your needs, but you are ready to lower your rates. Low merchant discount rates, higher service processing volumes and zero account requirements are simply attractive. Company owners in this category will have many of the same characteristics as those selling for millions every year.
Merchant Account for Travel Business: Payment Processing Solutions
Accept Credit Card Payments On Your Travel Website
The travel industry never seems to be out of demand. People always want to travel, with millions and millions of families vacationing every year. However, travel isn’t always cheap, and many consumers spend a great deal of time browsing travel agencies and websites looking for the best deals. If you own a travel business, apply for one of iPayTotal’s merchant account for travel business to find fast and reliable credit card processing solutions.
Merchant account for Travel Agency, and Travel Business
Getting approved for a merchant account for travel, travel services, lodging, vacation packages, travel tours, and travel related business types remains a big challenge for merchants in the travel industry. Banks and conventional lending institutions make it as difficult as possible for merchants in these industries to get approved to accept credit card payments from their customers.
Below are examples of the different types of travel services and travel companies that face obstacles when it comes to obtaining a merchant account for travel business to process credit card payments.
● Independent Resellers for Foreign Travel Services and Companies
● Independent Resellers of Travel Services and Vacation Packages
● Vacation Rentals by Owners
● Online Vacation Rental Listing Services
● Online Travel Services and Travel Agencies
● MLM (Multi-level Marketing) Travel Services, Opportunities, and Travel Agencies
● Cargo Travel Services and Agencies
● Niche Travel Services and Agencies
● Multi-destination Travel Services and Agencies
● Independent Travel Services and Agencies
● Consortium Travel Services and Agencies, etc.
● Airline Ticket Sales
Every traveling service, business, or agency provides a set of traveling and tourism solutions as per market. There are some who focuses more on vacation packages with travel tours while others provide specialized commercial and business related traveling solutions. Examples of common vacation and travel services include:
● Tour Operations
● Hotel and Lodging
● Vacation Rentals by Owner
● Bed and Breakfast
● Membership and Travel Club Programs
● Vacation Packages
● Airline Ticket Sales
● Reservation Services
● Car Rentals
● Travel Agencies
● Airline Tickets
● Vacation Packages
Being an industry with such diversified services, it often met with challenges when it comes to obtaining merchant account for travel business to process credit card payments.
An Overview for Merchant Account for Travel Business
“Why is Travel Business called high risk?” and “Why my application for a Merchant Account for Travel Business is denied?”. The answer is quite simple. The high risk merchant processor generally categorizes travel agents as a high risk business type due to the fact that most travel agency transactions take place long before the actual product or service is delivered to the customer. This leaves travel merchants open to chargebacks and other payment disputes, which are costly procedures that deter many high risk merchant service providers from offering a merchant account for Travel businesses.
Many travel agencies do not charge airline tickets, hotels and other travel expenses on their own merchant account, yet rather, charge it straightforwardly through the airline or travel provider. This practice is very much regarded by numerous payment processors, however, despite everything, others remain behind with a conservative approach and try to avoid travel agencies and other travel-related merchants.
We, at IPAYTOTAL, assess each travel organization individually, we study your method of doing business so we can board you with the acquirer that would be most suited and help you in acquiring a merchant account for Travel Business. This is how we will be able to give a reliable processing solution for your travel agency.
The procedure is very simple, however, it requires some documentation to the bank, to approve your application. An iPayTotal merchant specialist will guide you each step of the way to ensure quick approval.
With IPAYTOTAL merchant accounts for travel agency, you can acknowledge payments in multiple currencies. Depending on your business details, you may be able to get payments from credit cards everywhere throughout the world. Approved merchants can acknowledge US dollars, British pounds, euros and more.
Payment Gateway Integration
Our Payment gateway provides simple integration with APIs and SDKs including modules, sample code, test accounts and test cards. The payment gateway solutions allow you to process debit & credit cards through your website within a single platform. Robust backend system is accompanied by a modern web-based or downloadable reporting software which enables you to monitor and manage your transactions. With IPAYTOTAL, your acquiring Banking partner will interface your site with its secure payment gateway after which you can start accepting credit card payments online.
HOW TO APPLY AND GET APPROVED FOR A MERCHANT ACCOUNT FOR TRAVEL AGENCY
Just like other high-risk industries, businesses that cater to providing travel services have to show the high risk merchant processor a solid financial standing, a healthy credit history and a good processing history. Apart from filling iPayTotal’s quick Online Application,below are a few common items that are typically requested by the processor when a travel business owner applies to get approved for a merchant account for Travel Agency to process credit card payments.
- A valid, government-issued ID, such as a driver’s license or passport
- A bank letter or a voided check
- A secure, working website
- Last 3 months bank statements
- Last 3 months processing statements, if applicable
- SSN (Social Security Number) or EIN (Employer Identification Number)
- Chargeback ratio below 2%
- A fully operational website
Requirements can vary from processor to processor. Having an established processing history with a good online reputation really helps establish your travel business as a reliable merchant to partner with and provide processing services.
Credit Card Processing Challenges for the Travel Industry
Accepting credit card payments remains a big obstacle for travel agencies and travel service companies because they have a hard time obtaining a merchant account. For someone looking to start a travel agency or any type of travel business, it is important to understand that this type of business is considered ‘high risk’.
Here are some reasons why businesses that cater to providing travel services are considered high risk and face problems getting approved for a merchant account to accept credit based transactions.
- Tours and trips are often booked well in advance, and usually months in advance. Such advanced bookings make these payment transactions highly prone to cancellations, chargebacks, refunds, and amendments, etc.
- Chargebacks are quite frequent with travel agencies because there is a high chance that the customer changes his mind and cancels the payments or there is a change in policy by the travel company.
- Since travel services can cost a customer hundreds of dollars and at times thousands of dollars, the payment average ticket size is considered high and the maximum ticket size is considered very high. Such large dollar ticket amounts with nearly every transaction are associated with a high risk should a chargeback, which is another reason it makes travel companies high-risk businesses.
Despite the obstacles mentioned above, travel merchants that don’t offer their customers the option to pay by credit card are at a huge disadvantage and face a substantial loss in revenue. Since travel industry customers have to pay a lot of money for travel services, they always prefer to pay with their plastic cards. However, when a travel merchant applies for a credit card payment solution with a low risk or a standard risk processor that doesn’t accept high-risk merchants, the application will very likely to get rejected for reasons mentioned above.
iPayTotal Payment Solutions – Perfect for Travel Service Merchants and the Travel Industry
iPayTotal’s solutions provides reliable high-risk merchant account solutions to the Travel Industry as a whole such as, travel agencies, travel services, vacation packages, and a multitude of other travel businesses and companies that are considered high-risk. Here are a few benefits of obtaining a high-risk merchant account with iPayTotal.
- We understand the difficulties merchants experience in this industry and have ideal payment solutions to help travel merchants accept credit card payments.
- We streamline the application process to simplify and expedite getting approved.
- We provide competitive rates and terms for our travel services merchants, including new travel businesses and startups.
- Our solutions are available for all types of travel agency operations i.e. in person(counter sales), over the phone(MOTO) or online(E-Commerce).
- Our dispute monitoring and chargeback prevention services are one of the best in the industry.
- We can help merchants with a low credit score or a poor credit history too.
- We extend our payment solutions globally.
- We provide both domestic and offshore credit card processing solutions.
Get Started Today
If you’re ready to begin the application process for your merchant account, iPayTotal is here to help. If you have any questions regarding our merchant accounts or different services we offer, you can visit our Website to connect with highly experienced and well-educated team, with more than a decade of experience in the industry.